Sunday 4 March 2007

SunriseSet

I don't really feel like talking today. New Junior Boys EP, titled "Dead Horse EP" landed with me yesterday. I played it through once, and now twice, and it doesn't disappoint. Particular favourite is the veteran Carl Craig's Remix of "Like A Child", a soothing 10 minute trip in which he slowly and classily builds, while draining more soul out of the song than I thought possible. Perfect to watch the sunrise too, and sure to be the a focal point in many sunrise sets this summer.

Make sure you cop the EP - featuring remixes from HOT CHIP, marsen jules, kode9 and Tensnake. Get junior boys stuff
here and check their myspace here.

MP3: Junior Boys - Like A Child (Carl Craig Remix)

This week I also came across toronto hiphop/reggae/r&b/soul artist K-OS (pronounced kaos). His latest album titled "Atlantis: Hyms of Disco" is a complete mix of any sound remotely urban, and while not all of it struck the right chords with me, it was well worth some of the gems i came across. See what you think, posting, probably my favourite track off the album, "The Rain". Get his album here.

(No idea why its underlining my text now, but i'l continue)

Check his myspace
here

MP3: K-OS - The Rain

Lastly, a track ive loved since its release in 2006. British artist Ben Westbeech, who I will champion until I die, can do no wrong, sounding uniquely soulful yet never a cliche, as this track proves.


Check his myspace
here. Purchase his songs here.

MP3: Ben Westbeech - So good Today

Im also super happy because the new maximo park album is currently in my headphones.


Enjoy Your Day, and let me know what you like.

1 comment:

Chente said...

Thanks for the Junior Boys remix, that's just awesome!