Friday 6 April 2007

Good Music Friday


This first surfaced back in september O6. It's by Sonar Kollektiv duo Ame. And has to be one of my favourite minimal tracks ever. Whereas minimal can get a bit boring, this certainly doesn't. And while I lost sight of the track for a few months, I was reminded of its greatness this week when i was down town in some trendy clothes shop and heard it come over the speakers. I found I was unable to keep still. Pastaboys remix is also a beauty. But just incase you have never heard the track il drop it here for you, if you like, you can buy it here. And yes I seriously recommend you do. Another recommendation, i also suggest you grab the "Ame...Mixing" that they released last year also. Its also available at Phonica. Perfect to fall asleep to.

MP3: Ame - Rej

While I'm here I might as well push you in the direction of Mark Ronson's Album, which has recently reached me. Firstly, you might want to check out Theserockspop for two cuts from the album and a Dirty South remix off the CDS version of his latest single "Stop Me".

After a first listen, the track that has probably stuck with me so much is his take on scouse indie band the zutons "Valerie" bringing in none other than Amy Winehouse on vocals. I'm not usually a massive fan of her's but I have to admit she nails it here.
Make sure you cop the album here.

MP3: Mark Ronson - Valerie (Ft. Amy Winehouse)

I'l leave you with this track by Calvin Harris. Who in many peoples eyes is the new mylo. I believe he's scottish as well. Well.. i actually prefer this track to the single he released "Acceptable in the 80's". He's been asked to do production on the new Kylie album, as well as releasing his own album due sometime in June. Check for updates on its release here and at his myspace. Currently on tour with Faithless.

MP3: Calvin Harris - Colours

Anyway, thats about it for this morning. Should be posting even more in the next few weeks as il be drawn to it in any free time I get during the easter break. Enjoy yourselves.

No comments: