Tuesday 1 May 2007

Wrapping Up of April.. Pt. 1

Just a lot of stuff which I've meant to share, but never got round to it over the month of April...

First up is James Yorkston, and this is something i really should have given you all earlier. After a rough time bumping between bands and record labels, it seems he is now settled at Domino Records, where last year he released his third album. I do not have the album yet, but its on my list. . . i'l be grabbing it from here, feel free to do the same.
The track i got sent through "Woozy With Cider" comes with a bunch of remixes, from guys such as dubsteppers Kode9, and probably my favourite, the John Hopkins mix. It's kind of hard to describe why its so good, just a spoken vocal over a minimal instrumental, but you'l see what I mean.

MP3: James Yorkston - Woozy With Cider


Not having been schooled in all that soul.... This hit me completely. What a voice. Cheers to Pase Rock for bringing my attention to this with his WMC mix that's floating around. Get it from discobelle here... Easily one of the best mixes ive heard in a long time..

MP3: Pase Rock - Live From Miami @ WMC (Through Discobelle.......)

Tracklisting:

Pase Rock - I’m So Disco (snippet)
Chaka Khan - I Know You I Live you
T Ski Valley - Catch The Beat (Disco Mix)
Spank Rock - Sweet Talk (Smalltown Romeo remix)
Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
Cassie - Me And U- (Eli remix)
M.I.A. - Pull Up the People (Eli Refix)
MC Lyte - Paper Thin (remix)
Eric B. and Rakim - I Know You Got Soul (remix)
Pase Rock f. Amanda Blank - Sexy MF
Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks (Eli refix)
Robin Thicke- Cocaine (Spruce Lee remix)
Uffie - Hot Chick (Feadz edit)
LL Cool J- 3 The Hard Way (Eli remix)
Rod Lee - Dance My Pain Away
Luke- Breakdown
Pase Rock and The Posse - Lindsay Lohan’s Revenge
GQ - Disco Nights (Rock Freak)
Brass Construction - Got Myself Together
Kraftwerk - Computer Love (Eli Retouch)
Metro Area - Miura
Stevie Wonder - Another Star
Shaun Escoffrey - Days Like This (Spinna remix)
James Brown - PAPA (Eli remix)
Stevie Wonder - Fingertips Pt. 3 (Pase Rock remix)
Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You
Earth People- Dance

But the actual Chaka track... Highly Recommended... Big summer track, and yeah i'm pretty late on it.. but the old ones are the best.

MP3: Chaka Khan - I Know You I Live you

and, while we're on the task of summer jams.. which ive got some classics coming soon.. here's one of the best from Montell. You'l all know it, just maybe misplaced, like I had.

MP3: Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do it (LP Version)

You might also remember the axwell track preview i posted a couple of weeks back.. My big tip of the summer. well it was only a 1m 44s preview. I'l offer you all the next stage now, with the full track....as a Rip... from the dance department podcast. Stay tuned for the full track. It will be huuuuuuuuge.

MP3: Axwell - I found You (Remake) (Rip)

Keep on checking at Axwell's Myspace.

TEPR, have created an absolute dancefloor smash. Trust me. Justice have been spinning, as have a lot of this scene. It's the Data remix.. unfortunately i'm not schooled on who "data" are.. so.. Electro heads..this one will suit you, albeit a Rip. Goodness knows where to find the 12". Any of you know, get in touch.

MP3: TEPR - Minuit Jacuzzi (Data Remix)

So that's part 1... part 2 will follow on sometime when ive got a spare minute.. Enjoy these, and let me know what your liking. or if theres anything ive missed.

No comments: