Sunday 13 December 2009

My Bookshelf - Books 1 & 2

Every now and then I stumble across a book that defies my ADD and inspires the recluse in me. Books I absolutely want and recommend. These two just happen to be sprinkled with a lil bit of hippity-hip-hop-hop



Jonathan Lethem's book has got everything that speaks to me, and I guess for me - slaps of rap, graffiti, murmurings of racial tension and the colourful musical cultures of the 70s, 80s and 90s, with a lil bit of comic fanboy, set against the backdrop of BK, New York. Sweeeet.



Saul Williams is an alpha male. Devastatingly talented. Writer, MC, Spoken word artist, Army candy for Arm Candy (Miss Persia White), Actor, Poet. He is one of my favourite people hands down. Ever. With a title like said the shotgun to the head, he's got my ear

No comments: